Weddings Are Like Oil Spills. Apparently. | Do Try This at Home: Weddings Are Like Oil Spills. Apparently.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Weddings Are Like Oil Spills. Apparently.

I believe it might have been Disa awhile back who requested a wedding plans post. There are only two and a half more weeks to go, so I figure any wedding plans post has to be done kind'a soon.

The problem is, we haven't really made many actual "plans". I'm pretty sure the wedding is planning itself at this point, because once that man put an engagement ring on my finger, the wedding took on a life of its own.

It's like those large underwater oil plumes in the Gulf of Mexico. Except not. Because we created this monster ourselves. On purpose.

It will be fun though. I think.

Here are pictures of the place we're getting married. I've been calling it a bar, but apparently "honky tonk" is the more precise definition.


So yeah. All we need now is some wedding food. And some wedding plans.

Here's that darn cat, apparently waiting for his shower.Here's another piece of food that The-Guy-Who-Knows-A-Song-About-A-Chicken grew in the back yard. You might not be able to tell from the picture, but this particular piece of food is a cucumber...... a really, really big cucumber.

So anyway, that's what's going on around here. It's summertime and the livin' is easy. I have declared our wedding more fun than a disastrous oil spill. The-Guy is growing Texas sized food.

In fact, maybe that one cucumber will be enough to feed all the wedding guests. We'd probably even have leftovers.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

A wedding in a bar? You do set a very high bar.

Marlene said...

How did I miss that you were getting married?!!!

Love the pic of the kitty waiting for a shower...heehee!!!!!

Holy cucumber. I can't stand cucumbers, so you can have it all! HA!

Janet said...

Great to hear about your wedding! I'm guessing there will be many stories to tell! :-)

And that is one big cucumber. Never seen anything like that! Would make a lot of pickles, methinks.

Unknown said...

All this turmoil in my life and I'm missing out on the fun leading up to your wedding! Do not worry it will all work itself out.

Unknown said...

BTW.....I know a woman who was telling me about how her family had grown even bigger cucumbers than that!!!

Tracy said...

Wow that is a monster of a cucumber!
Good luck with the wedding plans. Hubby and I eloped so no plans besides getting the day off work teehee.

Jill said...

SJ!!!!!!! It's a honkey tonk!!!!!!! For cryin' out loud...

Marlene - Me neither. I don't mind pickles though, so I'm hoping he makes it into a giant pickle.

Janet - That's what I'm hoping! On the pickles, not necessarily the stories. :-) :-) :-)

It's okay Ricardo, I know how you don't exactly get all excited about weddings. :-)

Tracy - Yeah, the eloping thing would have been much easier. But, it will be fun.

John C said...

OMG! The cat looks stuffed the way the light caught it's eyes, great shot!

I'd be tempted to try out the cucumber for a salad, but I'm wondering how pithy it'd be.

Oil, don't talk to me about oil. *moan*

Lara Neves said...

HOly cow! I thought it was a small watermelon! Who knew cucumbers could grow so big.

Good luck planning (or not planning) the wedding. I suppose the getting married part is the most important, let the guests fend for themselves food-wise!

Disa said...

omg, cannot wait to compare notes! mine is on the 26th, and the planning is...not so much. i think this might be why i'm having very christian 'book of revelations' style nightmares for the "non-denominational, freak out your mother, officiant who registered online in 10 minutes service" we are currently planning. but at least the cake is chocolate!

Jill said...

John - Sometimes I wish he was stuffed. :-)

Very funny Lara! No really, The-Guy picked like five more of those giant cucumbers today, plus two normal looking ones (in as much as a cucumber can look normal). So I'm pretty sure the guests will have plenty to eat!

Hey Disa - we're getting married on the same day!!!! I think we're having some sort of treats from The-Guy's work instead of cake though.

Bruce Johnson said...

So far, this sounds like the ideal 'guy' wedding. None of that frilly, girly, fro-fro stuff.

Arizaphale said...

Just catchin up here. Feeling a bit miffed you only give us tidbits about the wedding prep. Wedding prep nightmares usually make the best stories!! Must be going smoothly then.
PS: That cucumber is obscene.

Jill said...

Bruce - Well, someone did tell The-Guy that if he knew weddings could be like that, he would have gotten married a long time ago. I hope I didn't just dash the frilly, girly, fro-fro hopes of his girlfriend.

Arizaphle - My only real nightmares involved angst over limiting the guest list and not wanting to leave anyone out. I'm not sure that makes for very interesting blog fodder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...