TBT - Why You Should Definitely, Definitely Take My Imaginary Parenting Classes (Part XXVIII) | Do Try This at Home: TBT - Why You Should Definitely, Definitely Take My Imaginary Parenting Classes (Part XXVIII)

Thursday, July 31, 2014

TBT - Why You Should Definitely, Definitely Take My Imaginary Parenting Classes (Part XXVIII)

My sweet pea took her trip to Israel during much calmer times (Summer, 2011) than my boy (who just got home on Sunday).

I thought it would be nice to hear the joyful ramblings of a teen who just got back from the trip my boy did not experience.  I love that she came home not just with pictures, but requesting to guest blog!

Notice that she took "pretty and scenic and memorable" pictures, but she saved the ones with the swear words and inappropriate body parts just for ME!!!!  You should definitely, definitely be taking my parenting classes folks!!!!!!  (Warning: swear words & stuff)

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~******~~~~~~*****~~~~~~

Hello everyone out there in blog world! This is my only my second guest blog post ever, the first one being when I got a jellyfish sting on my arm when I was 12. I recently got back from the best summer trip ever in the whole world. It was called Ldor vDor, and for those of you who don’t speak Hebrew, that means generation to generation. My group went from pre-world war II settlements in Prague, Czech Republic, to touring concentration camps and ghettos in Poland, and finally to the beautiful Jewish homeland of Israel. The whole trip altogether was 5 full weeks. Five full weeks of 39 Jewish teenagers running around multiple airports with 4 counselors and a security guard (with a gun). I had a fantastic time and it was life changing and I learned about responsibility and whatnot.



Of course, as I was traveling through multiple countries, I kept an eye out for silly signs and foreign English fails for my mommy to use in her blog. Five weeks away from home and you would be surprised how many funny signs we came across. Especially in Poland. 

In case anybody was wondering, it didn’t taste very good at all. 

Probably because it was Zartbitter. 

We saw a random communist bus. I don’t know why.

In krakow, people fart on street signs :


When we were leaving Poland to go to Israel, we had a 7 hour layover in Frankfurt airport. My group of friends wandered over to the bookstore to buy some foreign magazines to keep us entertained. At the store, we giggled at the names of towns to tour. This one pretty much speaks for itself:


Then we arrived in Israel. Israel is my favorite place in the whole world except for maybe my summer camp. Not only because it is the land of my ancestors and all historical, but also because in Israel, hummus is very convienient. You know you are in Israel when hummus comes in pudding cups at gas stations.


And last but not least, while we were touring Tel Aviv and learning about the city’s historical roots, we came across this sign:

Translation: 31 Penis street. 

40 teenagers walking past this street made for a lot picture taking. We got a lot of stares from the locals, because in Israel, it means something totally different and completely appropriate. 

I hope you enjoyed my silly Israel pictures. I have pretty and scenic and memorable ones too of course, but these are the ones I brought just for my mom's blog. I plan to go again next year and hope to bring you more!
~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~******~~~~~~*****~~~~~~



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, I love your post! What an entertaining way to document your journey ;) I know you took away much, much more from your trip than what you shared here; but thanks for sharing the fun side. So funny how words can have such different meanings.

Jill said...

Thank you Sarah! She had a fantastic time!

Arizaphale said...

Did I tell you how much I loved this?

Jill said...

Arizaphale - You probably did back three years ago when she originally posted it!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Terra Heck said...

Sounds like it was a good time! I love her sense of humor.

Jill said...

Thank you Terra! I like her humor a lot too (being her mother and all!). My favorite part is the "Zartbitter"!!!!

Noel said...

I see you had a great time, would love to visit Isreal. my embroidery machine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...