It's Time for a Few Promotions Around Here | Do Try This at Home: It's Time for a Few Promotions Around Here

Thursday, October 09, 2014

It's Time for a Few Promotions Around Here

I do pretty much everything there is to do on this particular piece o' internet.  The writing, the photography, the design.  All that stuff.  But I would be nowhere without my family and there's no way this teeny little website could survive without them.

I decided it was high time they were recognized for their hard work around here.  They're doing the same old same old, but these are their new and improved titles:

Promotion #1


Former Title: The Boonga
New Title: Chief Content Provider, Model, Head of Demolition

If she's not eating it, it's only because she hasn't quite climbed up to get it yet.  What this girl wouldn't do for a laugh has yet to be discovered by mankind.


Promotion #2


Former Title: My Boy
New Title: Head of Security and Chief of IT Department

Likes to say things like, "Ummm...Mom?  Should our Chief Content Provider have a knife?"  Cures what ails my computer.  Searches for things on Google while I'm driving.  Hides from cameras.


Here he is with a childhood friend, moments their flight back from Israel this past summer.  Notice that our Head of Security shows every single moment of his kajillion hour flight while his childhood friend looks no worse for the wear.  I don't know why.  Allergies maybe.

Promotion #3


Former Title: Sweet Pea 
New Title: Off Site Travel Journalist

Submits photographs and travel pieces from Israel and New York City.  Says things like, "I did NOT say Kaboom!! 'And then Kaboom! His appendix exploded!'  I wouldn't even say that.  You're going to blog about that, aren't you?  So meta."


Promotion #4


Former Title: Older Gal
New Title: Editor in Chief

This gal not only reads everything on the website without me asking her to, but lets me know when I've substituted a "hear" for a "here".  Doubles as social media adviser and occasional babysitter.


Promotion #5


Former Title: The-Guy-Who-Knows-A-Song-About-A-Chicken
New Title: Partner in Crime and Chief Financial Officer

Understands and handles the millions of dollars that comes into our household via this blog.


JUST KIDDING!  This blog hasn't actually made any money.

Yet.

But I hope it makes at least a little something one day.  Because then I can play with my camera and call it work.

Happy almost-weekend everyone!

15 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the new titles to your crew ;)
Beautiful family you have
Money from a blog…is that even possible?!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh Tracy! People make money blogging all the time - you'd be way ahead of the game!

MarkD60 said...

Promotions all around! Sounds like things are picking up!

MarkD60 said...

Promotions all around! Sounds like things are picking up!

The Ceol Mors said...

I approve of all your promotional choices with one exception. Shouldn't the Boonga also be in charge of demolition?

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog & you have great pics. I know you are ready. Best wishes. Coming by from TX Women Bloggers.

Helen said...

Love it! You have a beautiful family.

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

This made me laugh, thank you so much for posting! I may have to think about a few promotions around here too.

Lora said...

Hhahah, love this post!!

~ Lora @ Crazy Running Girl

Gina Miller said...

Hah! Very cute. My husband could be Chief Donkeyjack Officer. The nugget could be Chief Inquiry Officer. The dog Chief Happiness Officer.

Jill said...

Mark - I do seem to be getting back into the blogging thing, don't I?

Cid - You are SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! How could I forget?!?!?

Thank you Lisa and Helen!

Right Skye? Might as well call a spade a spade!

Thank you Lora!

Gina - good luck with getting your staff on board with the new titles!

Jennifer said...

Totally made me giggle! I love your family's new titles!

Jill said...

Thank you Jennifer!

Meg said...

I love all the promotions! They are well-deserved and long overdue! :)

Arizaphale said...

Hahah! My blog will be undergoing an overhaul at some point...as life realigns itself....xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...